Wednesday 24 November 2010

In full swing

In full swing indeed, its all going on here...The Christmas puddings are a treat, I had intended for them to be hanging puddings but I love them bunched together and like the little cupcakes, I think will make great pin cushions. I have really enjoyed making these, I have to confess though to finding a pattern for suitable holly was not an easy one, in the end I had a play and put two patterns together to make my own. Knitted on small sock needles and using 4ply they take a little patience. Guaranteed to make you smile though.
Cute and pretty is the theme for this years Christmas. The Christmas Craft fair season is in full swing and my stall takes some arranging, trying to get the balance between too much and not enough was harder than I had imagined. My success this year was in my cushions, even the none Christmas ones and my linen lavender hearts with Merry Christmas Labels on. I have to confess though I think it was the smell of the lavender which helped, I watched everyone around me twitch their nose to find out who had the lavender.
Its nice to see all the bits and peaces I make all together, as I put my stall together my head was already filling up with ideas for next year, Ahhhhh so many extra sewing hours needed...Its always nice to meet new people and a fair is a great way to meet fellow crafters, to whom I am grateful for looking after me.
Generally things are starting to come together here, had a couple of blips in the past week, I reversed into a parked car...ouch !!! My washing machine gave up in the most spectacular fashion, shredded clothes and a haze of toxic smelling grey cloud covered the kitchen. I have been told my repair work on the house might go on into the new year but the painter has been in and things look so much better even if they are unfinished, a bit of colour goes along way. The activities in school are starting to busy up and there is that air of excitement. So its full steam ahead to the holiday season.
With the first heavy frost today and all the hills around me are white and glistening in the cold clear air as the sun shines over the moors... I feel bless. So forgive me and if I can ask you to indulge me in a little beach time. No more swim suit and bare feet but a cold, clear run along a beach with wellies and sweaters. Ah its good for the soul...

11 comments:

Twiggy said...

I agree, I love invigorating walks in the hills and woods at this time of year. If we were by the sea I would be on the beach everyday - magic!! Your stall looks beautiful, I love the cushions but the Christmas puds are fab!!
Keep cosy.
Twiggy x

lazylol said...

Your stall looks lovely, glad to hear you did well.

lazylol said...

Your stall looks lovely, glad to hear you did well.

devonmama said...

That beach looks fantastic x

em said...

really adore your christmas puddings, so sweet. your stall looks lovely too, im glad you had a good day out. x

Tip Top said...

Wow! Those puds look very fantastic!!

Thimbleanna said...

Ahhh, now that's how I'd love to enjoy the beach. The wellies are perfect! Looks like you have lots of beautiful things for your stall this season -- I hope you're having great luck!

Unknown said...

Your stall looks gorgeous !

julie said...

Love your sweet little puddings and the stall looks so lovely. Glad you're still managing to get some beach time in despite the nippy weather!

Tip Top said...

PS Done a post on you on me blog!!

Kitty said...

Your stall looks absolutely lovely - I hope you do really well wih tthe sales. x